We kick off with female mma superstar Bec "Rowdy" Hyatt who was fighting on the Invicta FC 5 championships. After much hype and slagging from her opponents camp, she dominated her from the outset. Starting off trading blows, before getting her on the ground and ground and pounding her opponent before finishing her off by way of armbar in the first round.
A massive win for Bec who is already set to be on the next Invicta fight card.
Our mma boys, Chris Lokteff, Greg Atzori and Greg Penaloza were all fighting at Roshambo. Chris won by TKO in the first round. Greg Penaloza lost after the doc stopped the fight at the end of the 3rd round due to cut and Greg Atzori was beaten via guillotine.
Onto Kayaking now with both Alyce Burnett and Jo Brigden-Jones in action in the Nationals. Jo won the K1 200m title with Alyce being selected in the U23 world cup team.
To the Melbourne World Champs now with Taryn Gollshewsky taking out the Open Women's Discuss with a 53.93m throw. Brooke Stratton came 2nd in the Long Jump with a distance of 6.5m jumped. Shannon McCann took out 2nd place in the 100metres hurdle final with a time of 13.78 secs. Tim Leathart came 5th in the 200metre final with a time of 21.18 and 6th in 100m final with 10.36 time. Lauren Boden took out the 400m hurdles final in 57.04 over a second in front of the second place finisher. This Thursday kicks off the Australian Athletics Championships in Sydney with many of these athletes competing again.
This weekend kicks off the start of the Ski X season in the northern hemisphere, the Capo Nationals, the semi's and finals of the Men's Hockey Champions Trophy and the Grand Prix 1.
Welcome to the first episode of the Dissection a weekly radio program bringing you all the latest results on The Sports Vault athletes. This includes interviews with some athletes getting their thoughts on their performance. Have a listen to it below and make sure you let us know your thoughts. Future episodes will be down loadable and available on your smart-phones, Tablets, computers, mp3 players and more.
Check out the photos from the weekend's action
Share with Friends
By A Web Design
From the Athlete's Mouth - Blogs
- Georgia Holton - 2013 Series Blogs
- Georgia Holton - Off Season Blog Series – September ‘Moving forward’
- Maddie Hidalgo - Back on the Bike
- Shannon McCann - T-Minus 9 Days
- Georgia Holton - Off Season Blog Series – August ‘Knowledge is power’
- Trent Grimsey - English Channel World Record
- Nathan Johnstone - Sunday in the Park
- Jenny Owens - 2nd NZ Camp Complete
Hot Off the Phone Interviews
- Bec "Rowdy" Hyatt Channel 10 News (Invicta FC / Female MMA)
- Bec Rippon - Olympic Water Polo Preview
- Nathan Johnstone - Catch - Up
- Marnie Hudson - Olympic Hockey Preview
- Lauren Staveley - Olympics and what they mean to you
- Gokhan Turkyilmaz - Olympics and what they mean to you
- Shannon McCann - Olympic Athletics Preview
- Alyce Burnett - Olympic Kayak Preview
The Sports Vault Polls
Is recovery important in an athletes journey?
- What’s your blueprint?
- Recipes For Optimal Health with Natural Naughties
- How does an athlete stay motivated to diet
- Dealing with the 'yips'
- New Insights into Theaffeine™ - Australian Fight Sports Performance Company Nutrition Underground® Deals a Lethal Blow to the Stimulant-Based Supplement Industry