by Kayla Thompson
It is important to provide the body with real food to fuel your training and work out. Just like a car the body can not run on empty.
Athletes need to eat right in order to keep the immune system healthy and have energy to train hard. Many essential amino acids the body does not make so we need to get them from food. Not eating a nutrient dense diet when training is likely to cause many health issues and injuries.
Raw foods are loaded with nutrients, minerals and antioxidants that will fuel your training and keep you healthy. Many raw foods and super foods are known to help with healthy joints, bones and immune function.
Often athletes turn to energy shakes and drinks for a quick fix. Natural Naughtie prefer a holistic approach to health. Natural Naughties recipes are free from artificials, caffeine and stimulants, Natural Naughties encourage you all to load up on nutrients and raw foods for energy! These foods will help you maintain high energy all day long and rid the body of toxins for a healthy immune system. The last thing an athlete wants is chronic fatigue.
You should eat for your training. Running hills takes up more energy then walking the block, lifting weights means you need more protein for recovery. Yoga means you need to be flexible. I mix up my eating regime with the training, when I am lifting more weights I increase protein, when doing more intense training more natural carbs from fruit, when a lot of stretching, I drink plenty coconut water to hydrate and lots of raw food as it is known to increase flexibility.
Yoga raw food recipe
Light and easy to digests before yoga.
1 cup coconut water (great for hydration)
½ cup berries (antioxidant loaded)
1 cup water
Teaspoon cinnamon (assist in weight loss)
Teaspoon agave (optional)
Blend in blender and enjoy
Muscle repair recipe
Enjoy post work out to feed you muscles.
1 scoop raw protein (high in protein)
1 teaspoon maca (energy super food)
1 teaspoon cacao (natural boost)
1 tablespoon coconut oil (speeds metabolism)
250mls water (hydrate)
1 teaspoon honey (minerals)
Energy shake recipe
Increase your energy the Natural way
1 banana (loaded with potassium)
½ cup baby spinach (nutrient dense and will provide body with amino acids)
1 cup coconut water (hydrates)
4 strawberries (antioxidants)
Blend in high speed blender and enjoy!
Food is fuel, post and pre training food will help ensure your give the body what it needs.
For more information on the raw foods and recipe, visit www.naturalnaughties.com
Share with Friends
By A Web Design
From the Athlete's Mouth - Blogs
- Georgia Holton - 2013 Series Blogs
- Georgia Holton - Off Season Blog Series – September ‘Moving forward’
- Maddie Hidalgo - Back on the Bike
- Shannon McCann - T-Minus 9 Days
- Georgia Holton - Off Season Blog Series – August ‘Knowledge is power’
- Trent Grimsey - English Channel World Record
- Nathan Johnstone - Sunday in the Park
- Jenny Owens - 2nd NZ Camp Complete
Hot Off the Phone Interviews
- Bec "Rowdy" Hyatt Channel 10 News (Invicta FC / Female MMA)
- Bec Rippon - Olympic Water Polo Preview
- Nathan Johnstone - Catch - Up
- Marnie Hudson - Olympic Hockey Preview
- Lauren Staveley - Olympics and what they mean to you
- Gokhan Turkyilmaz - Olympics and what they mean to you
- Shannon McCann - Olympic Athletics Preview
- Alyce Burnett - Olympic Kayak Preview
The Sports Vault Polls
Is recovery important in an athletes journey?
- What’s your blueprint?
- Recipes For Optimal Health with Natural Naughties
- How does an athlete stay motivated to diet
- Dealing with the 'yips'
- New Insights into Theaffeine™ - Australian Fight Sports Performance Company Nutrition Underground® Deals a Lethal Blow to the Stimulant-Based Supplement Industry