By Georgia Holton
Know and then you may come across an article or TV program that talks about metabolic disease. Even recently on TV show A Current Affair , there was a woman talking about her own personal experience and having been ‘diagnosed’ by a GP as having metabolic disease herself.
Athletes need to ensure they eat healthy in order to provide the body with correct nutrients, minerals and enzymes for health.
Getting the correct nutrition from food is vital to improve performance, assist in recover, avoid injury and feel great all the time. Other benefits from correct nutrition include better skin, more energy, weight loss, balanced hormones and better mental health.
By Gabrielle Maston
How does an athlete stay motivated to diet for weeks on end or even train for that matter? How do people become successful writers, actors or business men? It’s not magical powers and they don’t have more will power than you or I are born with. What they are however is, passion driven and solutions focused.
Dr Michelle Pain
I thought I'd write this article just before the start of the Olympic Games, but the problem can exist in a range of sports, usually when an athlete or player feels the weight of expectation (either real or imagined) on their shoulders. We've seen this in an internationally ranked track and field athlete this season - the 'self imploding' is almost too painful to bear. I also watched the Ian Thorpe documentary ('The Swimmer') on TV during the week and there was a courageous admission from Thorpey that during his comeback he felt such pressure whilst on the blocks that he swum the first 50m thinking he couldn't breathe.
New Insights into Theaffeine™ - Australian Fight Sports Performance Company Nutrition Underground® Deals a Lethal Blow to the Stimulant-Based Supplement Industry
Over recent years, the term “pre-workout” has rapidly evolved to become synonymous with the term “stimulant".
Share with Friends
By A Web Design
From the Athlete's Mouth - Blogs
- Georgia Holton - 2013 Series Blogs
- Georgia Holton - Off Season Blog Series – September ‘Moving forward’
- Maddie Hidalgo - Back on the Bike
- Shannon McCann - T-Minus 9 Days
- Georgia Holton - Off Season Blog Series – August ‘Knowledge is power’
- Trent Grimsey - English Channel World Record
- Nathan Johnstone - Sunday in the Park
- Jenny Owens - 2nd NZ Camp Complete
Hot Off the Phone Interviews
- Bec "Rowdy" Hyatt Channel 10 News (Invicta FC / Female MMA)
- Bec Rippon - Olympic Water Polo Preview
- Nathan Johnstone - Catch - Up
- Marnie Hudson - Olympic Hockey Preview
- Lauren Staveley - Olympics and what they mean to you
- Gokhan Turkyilmaz - Olympics and what they mean to you
- Shannon McCann - Olympic Athletics Preview
- Alyce Burnett - Olympic Kayak Preview
The Sports Vault Polls
How often a week do you train?
- What’s your blueprint?
- Recipes For Optimal Health with Natural Naughties
- How does an athlete stay motivated to diet
- Dealing with the 'yips'
- New Insights into Theaffeine™ - Australian Fight Sports Performance Company Nutrition Underground® Deals a Lethal Blow to the Stimulant-Based Supplement Industry